For meat balls:
- 500 grams of ground chicken meat
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2 spoons of flour
- 1 spoon of corn starch
- 6 spoons of bread crumbs
- 2 spoons of ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon of chicken powder
- bamboo skewers
- 4 spoons of sake
- 5 spoons of soy sauce
- 1 spoon of mirin
- 2 spoons of sugar
- 1/2 spoon of corn starch mixed with 1 spoon of water
- chili powder
- sesame seeds
How to make Chicken Yakitori
- Mix all meat ball ingredients together, leave aside only 1 spoon of ginger powder.
- Form small meat balls.
- Boil 1 and 1/2 cup of water with remaining 1 spoon of ginger powder and 1 teaspoon of chicken powder, place meat balls in the pot, low the heat and boil about 5 min.
- In separate pot boil the sauce ingredients, except the corn starch-water mixture, remove it from the heat and add corn starch mixture, mix well.
- Take out the meat balls and thread 3 balls on a bamboo skewer, brush them with sauce.
- Grill the skewers till golden brown, then flip them over, brush with sauce again and grill.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds ad chili powder, serve with sauce.
Recipe & Photos Via Author & Licensed Under CC BY-SA 3.0